Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service means stashing and/or sharing specific content on a web server hosted by a hosting distributor. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various ends, so let's take a gaze at these. Thus, you can conclude what you need, depending on whether you desire to create a site, mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by particular file storage providers, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are often supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given stretch of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally improper explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would apportion the tasks at hand between independent hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different webspace hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share an immense amount of pics with buddies or associates since the service is usually free of cost. You will get a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to handling your email accounts. Some firms offer hosting services for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to have an email address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a given amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your web site hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many videos as you wish without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to have a website. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Van Nimmen Hosting, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for particular content only.